Thursday, April 30, 2009

Please don't report me

to the Blog Police for neglect.

It hasn't even been two weeks, but it feels like a long time to me.
Now I know there are some who don't post for weeks, even months, at a time. But, me? I usually feel like posting all the time. What happened? Not really sure. Just in a slump, a funk, if you will. Remember that pity party I invited you all to? Well, it came and it went. I was the only attendee, which made it kinda boring. So I abandoned the idea altogether.
Now---I'm back, baby!

And what have I been up to, you ask? I'll tell ya...Not a whole heckuvalot.

We did take a lovely little road trip and spent the weekend with some friends in their cabin (I use the term cabin loosely-it was a pretty nice joint).

Yup, that's the whole Farmgirl crew. We fill the entire van-not a seat to spare. That's how I knew we needed to be done having kids....What? What's that you say?? They make vehicles that seat more than seven? Oh, I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with those and I don't believe you any way.

We went out to a lovely dinner at a local Mexican restaurant in Beaver. It was muy bueno! But, Farmgirl, isn't really hard to take five kids out to a sit down dinner, you ask? No problemo!! Mike just opens sugar packets and pours them on Grant's plate. Easy Peasy!

Grant and his buddy, Drew, had a great time hanging out together.
And, yes, that might be an ACDC shirt my son is wearing. What does a little white trash clothing hurt every now and again? If he starts to grow a mullet, please, I beg of you--have an intervention.

Eating- Check.
Riding four wheelers- Check.
Eating- Check.
Playing pool- Check.
Eating- Check.
Watching movies- Check.
Eating- Check.
Chillaxin'- Check.
Break from life- CHECK and double check.

Annnd....just so you are all in the know....we are really planning (and I'm pretty sure we are actually going to pull it off) a small get away for me and my dear ole Mikey. Sets my heart to fluttering just thinking about it! :D I'll keep ya posted.

One more thing.
I think we are all just about ready for school to be out around here. It gets harder every night to get these kiddos in bed. The end is right around the corner and I think we can all feel it in our bones. Summer is a double edged sword for me, but I'm ready for the change of pace. I'm always happy to have them get out and even happier to have them go back. ;o)

Okay, this is the last thing.
I promise.
See what happens when I don't blog? It all just gets bottled up inside and then I have a million things to say. Any who, remember way back in 2005 when Mike and I did this?

Well, after a very long hiatus I am running again. -Training for my part of the Wasatch Back. -On a team with one of my sisters and a couple of my brothers. I am super excited. Now I just have to get my mileage up so I will be ready to rumble! I had forgotten how much I really do love to run. Now it's really back to early to bed early to rise for me. How does eight sound? That might be what time I climbed into bed to read last night....or it might not. I'm just saying, a girl needs her beauty sleep, right? Hey, you don't get looks like this partying it up night after night.

All right.
That's all I've got.
You may now leave a comment and rejoin your lives already in progress.

10 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Love the ACDC shirt. Gotta pick your battles you know. But ya, you outta draw a real hard line at the mullett.

Keep us posted on your running. Looks like great times!

Kristina P. said...

I just posted today, and mentioned being a blog funk too!

Looks like a fun trip!

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

giggle giggle giggle....(that's waht I am doing right now.)So glad you are back. Only attendee, bigger cars?, sugar packets, acdc shirt and mullet intervention....i am still laughing. I would like to let everyone know Farmgirl was totally a sleep when I called her a 9:15 last night. True Story. I need to learn your ability to do that. Love you, and glad you are back

Fonzareli said...

Bananthony and I were just chattin yesterday as how we LOVE reading your posts. You are so durn funny!!! Welcome back

farmgirl said...

Fonz-
I am so glad that it is still acceptable to refer to your beloved twin as Bananthony, because some things just never change. In my brain that's what he will always be. :)

annebabe said...

farmgirl, will you marry me? i am in love with you and more importantly, your blog. its just so witty, clever and hilarious. it makes other blogs jealous. don't go on hiatus again. i had withdrawals.

Sarah said...

My blog is green with envy. Covetous, covetous blog. Terribly sinful.

jen said...

I have to agree with everyone else when they say your blog is so fun to read. You always make me laugh. I love that first picture where all the kids are leaning in together. Glad you had a fun weekend getaway. Good luck with your training. I HATE running...but I am all for cheering on friends who actually like it!

Megs said...

(pssst, when you get arrested by the blog police you can share my cell...I promise not to look when you use our stainless steel toilet, I will share my tin can of watery soup with you, and I think my hubby can sneak us in Cigarettes to use as currency in the joint!!!)
OK, here I goooooooooo:
-I love, Love, LOVE, L-O-V-E the pic in your van! So great! I can't believe that you got everyone in that pic!
-At least it is sugar with Grant, with my kids it would be salt...something is seriously wrong with them.
-Even little boys need to Rock On! It could be worse, I have a great friend who got that same tshirt for her little 5yr old girl! :D Love it!!
-Mullett = WRONG!!!
-I am super jealous of your fun family trip! I can't wait until Josh's schedule calms down (in like 5yrs) and we can do fun stuff together again! ;)
-by about 2 hours in to summer vacation I am ready for my kids to go back...but I don't miss having to get up with the stupid Alarm clock every morning! Since we are on year round school at least I only have them home for about 3wks at a time...thank goodness!
-Good for you on restarting the runnin'! YAY! I am starting to workout again(a painfull process), you already look amazing, but I am sure you will feel so great when you get that milage up...plus you will be able to chase the kids better!
-If only I could get the kids in bed that early maybe I would go to bed then too....nah, I have too hard a time giving up that after-bedtime quiet! ;)
*LOVED the update! You have inspired me, I am gonna bloggify today...well...I am gonna try! :D

bobbi said...

Love your first picture in the van-- scared me at first, because I noticed you guys are not parked on a sidestreet, but in the middle of the highway-- DRIVING!! Your husband is very talented and I see you are all wearing seatbelts-- so you were prepared, at least! Love your witty posts-- keep up the good work!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.