Monday, February 23, 2009

One 'Plain Girl' Comin' Up

Yet another messed up school week starts today. Short days all week and no school for the kindergartners Monday or Tuesday.
Are you asking yourself the same question I am...
exactly when do these kids just
GO TO SCHOOL??
I don't think Elsie realized that she didn't have school when I sent her in to get dressed this morning. She asked me what she should wear (weather wise) and I told her it was rainy---again!---but I didn't care what she wore.

This is what she came out in and announced to me that she was ready for the day and didn't want me to do anything with her hair because she wanted to look like a 'plain girl' today. Ex-squeeze me? Did you say 'plain girl'? I don't believe I am familiar with that term. What is a 'plain girl'?


Apparently the 'plain girl' wears boots, striped leggings, a leopard print skirt, a floral shirt and hair a' la 10 hours nestled in a pillow. Punky Brewster's got nothing on this fashion trend that Elsie is starting. It'll be all the rage real soon, I'm sure.
Hats off to me, she is still sporting her new look + bed head 'plain girl' hair-do. She did put a purple clip in the back of her hair so I guess I should give her some credit, right?
I am slightly curious as to what the 'crazily clad girl' might look like.
Maybe I should make a request for tomorrow...


And this little man...
is finally back to his normal crazy, busy, funny self after about five days of being a whiny, bawling, demanding, ornery little stink. He is exhausting either way, but I much prefer the cute mister I am accustomed to.

6 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Punky Brewster? Wow...you really dated yourself with that one!

And ya, she's definitely looking 'plain'. If you're lucky, she'll stay that way.

Sarah said...

yeah- I am going for the 'plain girl' look myself. I'm going to have to ask Elsie for tips.

Hot Mom said...

I guess car pooling is rubbing off on her she is starting to dress like Riley. Sorry about that.

annebabe said...

plain girl should come over and play with smooth hair girl. that is what marissa wants ALL the time. and hurray for mr.g feeling better. cuteness is always easier to forgive and love than orneriness. :)

jen said...

Grant just makes me smile. He is so cute. I am glad he is feeling better. I love Elsie's "plain girl" outfit. Let's hope the rest of this SEP week goes fast. I am ready for a FULL normal week of school.

andrea said...

Plain girl is pretty fancy if you ask me. I love her outfit. I hope she got to wear it to school eventually.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.