Monday, February 9, 2009

Farmgirl's Big Day.


The rumors are true--I'm the big THREE FOUR.

All right, let's just talk about the picture right off the bat and get it out of the way. This is the one and only picture documenting my birthday. We, like most red blooded Americans, take traditional birthday pictures. One with the presents (before and after) and a few birthday cake shots. Birthday candles aflame and blowing the candles out.
Here's what I have going against me:
As much as I'm not a picture taker; Mike is like negative 10 that.
As for the cake pictures...well, let's just say that by the time that blessed event rolled around we were ready to be done being parents for the night. Not to mention that we had no candles in the house so it was a little anti-climactic.

Back to the picture- this is me with the gift Audrey gave me. She crafted (of course) my card and made a trip to the dollar store to buy me my very own....Glass Mary {ann}. She was so excited to have found a glass Mary and was only slightly disheartened that they didn't have one with dark hair. I am also sporting my birthday crown compliments of Goose. Lucy makes crowns and wands for every one on their birthday, I was not holding very still during my crown fitting- it ended up a little on the small side.

All in all my birthday was pretty swell. Despite the fact that we have 9:00 church, Mike and Adam leave early to set up chairs, I have three little lady's heads of hair to do, dinner to get in the oven and a two year old tornado running a muck, (it's amazing how much chaos can ensue all before 8:45 am) it was still a pretty swell day.

I played a little mind game with myself and took an "It's my birthday so where's my help? Shouldn't you people all be ambling around just looking for something to do that will make me happy?" attitude break. Truth be told I lowered my standards years ago. When it comes to Mothers Day and my birthday I try not to expect too much--these are just little people and a man who is clearly no mom--trying hard to step in, take over and make the best of giving me a day off. Life got a lot funner once I did that.

Between my early morning phone call from Robyn to check my blog and hers, all the face book and church well wishers, phone calls from my siblings through out the day, my family doing their darnedest to be nice, a tasty birthday cake made with love just for me and all the sweet visits and thoughtful gifts from my peeps it was a mighty fine day--thanks all.

5 comments:

stace said...

Ummmm (clear throat)...you could AT LEAST mention that one bday gift actually arrived on the blessed day and not months later.

andrea said...

I for one am super glad that glass Mary (Ann) made it in the picture. What a glamorous gift. Hope you had the best birthday!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Happy Birthday! Sunday birthdays are the worst. My birthday expectations are completely shattered before we even manage to get out the door! But it looks like you still had a smile on your face for picture time!

jen said...

Oh my gosh. That "Mary Ann" statue is too funny! Audrey makes me laugh. I am glad you had a good day despite it being Sunday. The last time my birthday fell on a Sunday it was also Easter! Not the greatest birthday when you have to get the kids dressed in their finest and get up super early to make sure the Easter bunny put everything in place. After stuffing my face with jelly beans and chocolate I didn't want any part of a birthday cake! Oh well. I love the picture of you with the super crafty card, awesome crown, and Mary statue!!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to Our Lady of Guadalupe. A saint, if there ever was one.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.