Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cleanliness is next to Godliness

I have oh so much to do but I wanted to write a quick post about my temple cleaning experience last night. So, a sign-up sheet went around relief society a few weeks ago and being the service oriented person that I am I volunteered. Our shift was from 9:45 - midnight. I know--kind of late for farmgirl--but I did it any way.

We showed up, collected our attire for the evening (white scrubs), changed into them (side note: they are super comfy. i may need to be getting some from wal-mart and start my own fashion craze), and waited for our assignments.
I was put to work in the Baptistry. I vacuumed the locker rooms, vacuumed the chapel, dusted the chairs and desks, and then......
She presented me with my very own spray bottle of
-wait for it-
.....da ta da da.....
RUBBING ALCOHOL!
I just knew the church was true!!

Some of you might be aware of my obsession with cleaning in general. I LOVE to clean- very few things are more rewarding to me. I will concede that
keeping a clean house with six other people living here is a bit of a daily challenge and can be let's just say -some what frustrating- okay, okay totally madding, but it doesn't change the fact that I LOVE to clean. Cleaning with this magical stuff is my addiction. It smells so...so...so clean when I'm done.

There you have it, Folks. The church is true and the fact that they use rubbing alcohol to clean the temple proves it. And let's not forget, I've been doing this for years so I've obviously been living a pretty good life...

That's it.

4 comments:

jen said...

I don't love to clean but I really enjoyed cleaning the temple last night. It was very fun. I didn't get to use any rubbing alcohol, though. I think I got jipped (sp?) :). I will definitely sign up again.

andrea said...

ooooh I love to clean too. I have a slight addiction to cleaning supplies and yet have never tried to use rubbing alcohol. Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow? That's right. Building my testimony. I can't wait.

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

I L O V E YOU!!!! Ahhh, so fulfilling to know you are the cleanist person I know and the temple must proved it!

Sarah said...

Your testimony of rubbing alcohol inspires me.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.