Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thank You, School District.

Have I mentioned our 4 day school week? I have?? Well, I quite like it.
School 7:15-4:30, Monday-Thursday is a busy crunch to get everything in, but well worth the trade off.
I have said more than once that we have Monday-Thursday, 2 Saturdays & Sunday.
It's kind of handy when I start to panic about Sunday church stuff on Saturday to I realize it's just Friday and I still have one more day to get my junk in order. I like that.

However,
sometimes by Sunday evening I am ready to send the troops a packin'.
That feeling has intensified as the Holiday Season has drawn out.
Excitement is in the air. And we are feeling it.
As we speak the children are making a chart of
'How many hours 'til Christmas'.
Please tell me we are not planning on crossing it off hourly. Please.
It would seem the excitement is making some of us lose our minds.
Some of us are either running around like banshees, yelling, fighting or laughing hysterically.
Mind losing. It's a common theme here in farmgirl land.

And so, this is the part where I would like to publicly thank the school district for keeping my children all nestled in their desks until the afternoon of December 22.

Thank You, School District.
Much appreciated.

2 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Luckeeeee!!! Said in my best Napoleon Dynamite imitation.

Mine get out on Friday.

jen said...

You are very lucky!! Ours are in til the 21st but I am thinking that the 22nd and 23rd are going to be the longest days of my life. The anticipation is high over here too!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.