Thursday, August 4, 2011

Shenanigans.

So, I'm sure you've been wondering to your selves,
just what kind of shenanigans has that old Farmgirl been up to lately?
Well, I'll tell ya.
Stuff..and more stuff.
It's been a summer-o-fun.
How's about I give you the run down via a few pics?
All righty then, let's rumble!


FARM DAY:

A day that is part of the BIG Nelson Family Reunion.
By BIG I mean my aunts and uncles, cousins and cousins kiddos.
It's a lot of people.

If you were lucky enough to have grandparents
that had a farm and then an aunt and uncle took over that farm
and they opened it up to you
all summer any and every summer
and you had all sorts of great memories there,
wouldn't you want to bring your own kiddies back
there and share it with them too?
Ya, that's how my cousins feel too.

Farm Day includes things like:
Hay Rides
Feeding the calves.
And lots of visiting on the lawn
while you enjoy Chugs, Cheese and Aggie Ice Cream.
MmMmmm....Aggie Ice Cream.


NELSON FAMILY CAMP:
This was the "slow year" for family camp.
The "off year", if you will.
Therefore, there was a whole lotta nuttin' going on.
Perfection if you ask me.

The girlies enjoying some otter-pops.

Grant in his "wheel chair".
Weirdo.
Amanda and Wilson chillaxin.
The ladies doing some visiting.

We left family camp a day early.
Unheard of!
What could possible possess me to leave camp early?
Oh....just this lady here.
You know I love me some Anne when I am willing to post this
very scary picture of the two of us.
Good thing for us we are such natural beauties.
In our defense, that there's a picture of two pooped out ladies.
I'd been camping for 4 days and she was on the
tail end of her extended Idaho vacay.
It was morning, we'd been up visiting late into the night
and she was about 3 minutes from leaving.

During their very short visit we did make it out to
meet some calves.
And some cows.
Thanks for stopping by Jackmans.
Come on back any old time.

There you go.
A brief run down of some of the stuff.
There's more.
We'll get to that later.
Peace Out, Peeps.

5 comments:

annebabe said...

and I love me some Mary Ann. I am posting a disclaimer that is almost verbatim of what you posted. great minds think alike. :) can't wait to come back to the farm and have some of that delicious milk!

Audrey Eliza said...

Wow I am not in one of those pictures.....It was a lot of fun though.

Karin Webb said...

Fun! Next time I am up your way, I want to feed some calves too. And stay up late visiting, and maybe even squeeze in a run for old times sake. Miss you my friend!

jen said...

I am so glad you are having a fun summer. It looks like you guys are really happy. I am so glad you and Anne could be reunited!!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I loved farm day. It really was the best. And you are right it is so fun to share with my kids a place that holds so many great memories for me. I loved it all so much. And it was so great to see you in person after becoming blog friends.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.