Sunday, August 21, 2011

For reals.

I live in Idaho.
For reals.

School started last week in the St. G.
We are not there.
It's a little weird.

Even weirder than that is that all my chitlins are registered here.
Pretty strange strolling with Adam through the halls of PHS.
I don't know if I can properly convey how surreal it was to walk back into my elementary school to get Elsie all set.
My kids are in classes of my old teachers for crying out loud!
Everybody except Elsie- and she has my good old growing up buddy Anneke's mom for a teacher. (woohoo BTW)

For reals,
it just kinda weird.
In a good way weird.
It's actually been pretty fun having that "it's such a small world" feeling every where I go.
Every where in Preston that is.

But, when I do head down to the big city of Logan I find myself looking for my St. G peeps.
Weird, I know.
I keep thinking I should be running into someone in Walmart or Sam's Club (okay, i know it's costco down there, you get the point). I keep thinking I am spotting cars I know, looking for familiar faces behind the wheel.
It's a strange feeling.
Miss you, my St. G peeps.

And since it's late and I'm on a rambling roll....
The Top of Utah Half Marathon is less than a week away.
For Reals.
And I'm running in it.
For Reals.
I'm actually pretty excited about it.
I think it will be a really fun day.
I say "day" instead of "race" because I really am in it for fun.
To say I was "racing" would be stretching it a bit.

And so, with that I must say....
For Reals, I have one more week of training to do-
starting with a morning run tomorrow.
Fair thee well, my peeps, fair thee well.

5 comments:

Karin Webb said...

Kinda like when we drive by your house and see different cars in the driveway, or when I swear I saw Elsie riding her bike to school. Weird. And sad. And I'm so proud of you for running the Top of Utah Half! Wish I could be there (mostly to see you, the running part would freak me out). Let me know how it goes!!

annebabe said...

miss you. miss your kids. miss "our" time. that's really cool that you and your kids get to share the same experiences. that's an unique connection most of us won't get.

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

For Reals I miss you. Where is my back to school buddy? Who will make me my birthday cake? Who will play with Gil at any given time?
Gwyn tried to stop at your house on our walk the other night. Bob reminded her that you don't live there. She said I know but don't the people in the house want us to visit?
Miss you.

jen said...

For Reals, it is still weird not seeing your family at church on Sunday, or your smiley face at book club...For reals, you are missed.

Good luck on your half marathon!!

Hot Mom said...

I really need a road trip to Idaho.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.