Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Goot Mor-gan!

Okay, I realize if you are not Robyn that title might not make any sense.
Once upon a life time ago, before summer descended upon us, Robyn and I used to talk most mornings after the kiddies were on their merry way to school. Our conversations usually started with a "Goot Mor-gan!" or "Good Morning".
There you go, we are all up to speed now.
So....I say to you--

Goot Mor-gan!!

The time has come, my friends, for me to spend a bit-o time telling you about my garden (and by 'garden' I mean things we have transplanted and that were already here that I haven't killed--good work Me).
We'll call this "Ode to Farmgirl's Garden", shall we?
Now, before we begin there are a few things you should remember.
*this is year numero uno. Some day me hopes to have a garden like unto my mother. It's gonna take some time and know how, but a girl can dream.
*once again pictures were taken after my morning run, so bare with the lighting weirdness.
And we're off....
Let's begin with what was already here:

Raspberry Bushes
I am aspiring to have berries like Natalie,
some day.
I hope.
Hers are AMAZING.
But, see?? Look, actual berries!
There good.

Lilac Bush
I love lilac bushes. They remind me of my grandma.
Kinda sad they only bloom once a year.
Didn't get a picture of it, but it was beautiful.

Some kind of Mint plant.
I don't remember what the name of it is,
but it's really pretty.


On to the transplants:

Me madre and I moved some plants down from her garden to mine.
They are doing so well!
The big ones in the front are cosmos.
Let's get right to my favorite flower.
There in the back on the right.

Primrose.
Let's go in for a closer look.

Aren't they pretty?
They bloom at dusk every night.


I love them.
I've noticed that I look a little scary in all the pics on the
old blog lately. Eh, well. I promise I do look slightly better than this on occasion.
...but it's rare.


Last but not least, the best transplant out there this morning...


This boy was out working on some tractor repairs bright and early.
Just keeping himself busy
whilst he was waiting for a ride in the real deal tractor.


Behold....his daily attire....
Shorts and cowboy boots.
It's a classy look.
You need to be adorable to really pull it off.

3 comments:

annebabe said...

that Grant is very adorable. and such a trendsetter. your garden is delightful my friend. keep up the good work!!

Audrey Eliza said...

the garden does look nice

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Way to go. I am sad to report that I have given up the fight in Vegas. Due to some sprinkler problems my whole front yard is completely brown. Come fall when I can stand to be outside, I have a major project on my hands.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.