Monday, April 11, 2011

To Whom It May Concern:

  • I am still alive. Although I do take my life into my own hands every time I walk through the laundry room, which we will now refer to as 'Packed Boxes Central'. Packed Boxes Central is housing many, Many, MANY boxes of stuff. Floor to ceiling (10 ft. ceiling, mind you)! Remember, I live in the house where the garage (where one might normally store things such as packed boxes) is not really a garage, it's the shop. And according to my husband, Sacred Ground that simply cannot be disgraced by boxes cluttering up the work space of a genius....JUST KIDDING, HONEY! I know, I know, you have work to do...something about making money to feed and house the family...blah, blah, blah...whatever....
  • Speaking of the place formally known as the laundry room...Monday is Big Laundry day here at the farmgirl home, now, don't think I don't do laundry any other days, because I DO!! But, seeings how Sunday is a day of rest and all, and Saturday I'm just not in the mood, come Monday morning it's a pretty big task. However, IF my little punks would follow some sort of dirty laundry code we could cut the work down quite a bit. Methinks it is time once again for a "What qualifies as dirty laundry?- -Come to Jesus discussion" with the rugrats. Tell me, Peeps...would that cover FHE tonight?
  • You know the battle with food/treats? Umm, ya, I'm losing!! Seriously! Lately, food/treats, they are my master. It is so not a good thing...gonna work on that this week.
  • Allergy season: not a fan. Years ago I was never bothered by allergies. Now? VERY BOTHERED. What's up with that??
  • This whole moving thing...let's chat, shall we? We, meaning the farmgirl fam, are very excited. The kids are thrilled to be moving so close to Grandma and Grandpa and lots of cousins, as are Mike and I. We are excited to start a new chapter, roll the dice and see what happens. I think it's going to be good, no, I think it's going to be great! BUT, I am sad to leave so many friends and good people. I have told everyone I am not really discussing this until at least the second week of May...can't spend all my days all weepy and sniffily, now, can I? Well, not due to moving anyway--allergies are doing a fine job with that already. So, we aren't going any further down that road at this juncture.
  • This whole packing thing? Let me just say this: when you move into a house with a just a 3 year old and a 1 year old and you are still pretty young and college-like, you don't have a whole lotta stuff. BUT, when you move out of that same house eleven and a half years later and you are now a family of seven....well, that, my friends, is a whole 'nother story! My, ohhhh, my!!!! There's lots of work for me to do.
  • Since my time left here is beginning to feel like it may dwindle away before I realize it's gone, I have decided to try to take advantage of every park day, every running day, every opportunity to spend time with the people I have grown to love in a place I thought I never would. I was about 46 hours post baby delivery when we left Montana and started our trek to the St. G, it was the end of May when I arrived here, that summer highs reached (and stayed) in the 120* range--purty darn toasty for a little Idaho farmgirl--, it was hot and barren, I didn't know a single soul, I was lonely and overwhelmed. Since then I have grown to love the red dirt. I love my view from my front window: lava fields, red mountains, Pine Valley Mountain in the distance. It IS beautiful.
  • Speaking of red dirt...I think it will be kind of a sad day when, some day in the future, we cycle through the last of the red dirt stained socks and they no longer are part of my laundry ritual.
  • There ya be, Peeps...all the randomness from my brain to your computer screen.
  • Peace Out. :o)

7 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I feel for you on the packing department. Not fun. But on the bright side a chance to purge. So there can be an upside. I think you need all the treats you can get to help cope with all the stress that moving brings. So I say bring on the treats.

Best of luck with all of it.

whirligigdaisy said...

Good luck. That is all I can say. Packing stinks.

Mer said...

Yeah - packing does stink. Be glad you don't have to fit it all into a suitcase though:) And a good yard sale is a nice way to both declutter, and have less stuff to pack!

jen said...

We had the same "what qualifies as dirty laundry" problem at our house awhile back. I had to have a little discussion with my kids. Things seemed to improve...until I went through my daughter's closet... I wasn't finding clean clothes in the laundry anymore (yay!) but there were a lot of dirty clothes missing too. She had been hanging some of it back up!! Yikes. We had to have another discussion.

I hear you about allergy season. This is the first Spring that I have ever had allergies. It is REALLY BAD. I have tried both Zyrtec and Claritin but they don't work enough for me. I think I will try Allegra next.

I have a lot of things to say about you moving but I will keep it to myself until the second week of May!

Karin Webb said...

I love your ramblings because I feel like I hog a lot of the conversation on our runs, so this way I get to know what's really going on in your life :D But I'm still not happy that our running days are numbered :(

bobbi said...

You are scaring me-- even when we moved to Cody with a family of six, we didn't have jack!!!! But we've accumulated a little more in the last six years-- not looking forward to that! Good luck with your move--- and just think-- when you are all settled in and having fun in Idaho, I will be packing and getting ready to move!:) Hooray for you!:)

annebabe said...

Is it wrong if I say I'm glad you're having a hard time packing and saying good-bye? Because then that means you'll miss us, right? and by "us" I mean me, of course.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.