Friday, April 15, 2011

3 -in- 1

Times'a ticking....the kiddies will be out of school in less than an hour--I just LOVE early out Friday! So, you get the 3 -in- 1 super duper blog post. I know, you are all so excited. Try to control your selves! Here you go...3 very random things all in one post:
Blog post segment 1---

PREPARE TO BE AMAZED!

I've made no secret of my limited sewing abilities. We are talking limited, People.
Well, remember when I said I had another project I wanted to do??
Yes, it was sewing.
I did it.
And by saying "I" what I really mean is my sister-in-law came over last week, I put my big girl panties on and she baby stepped me through the entire thing
....okay, okay, and she did a lot of it for me.
Anyhoo...
Are you ready??
It was...
....drum roll please....

Ta Da!!! A bean bag chair!!
Are you SO amazed and SO impressed?!?!
Well, you should be.
Sometimes I amaze myself.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
You are all too kind!!


Blog post segment 2---

PROOF POSITIVE..

Just in case you might of thought I was kidding about the room formally known as the laundry room, now known as Packed Boxes Central, being a bit of a death trap...
I give you exhibit A:

I even put my own flesh and blood in the danger zone to give some reference, sure he is the smallest member of the family...but also the only one home with me to pose for my picture.
The pile of boxes wraps around the corner there to the right of Grant.
Lots of boxes, lots.

And last, but certainly NOT least..
Blog post segment 3--

SOMEBODY HAD A BIRTHDAY!!!

Audrey is Officially a teenager.
*help*
Here she is in all her birthday morning glory.

Why, yes, if you were lucky enough to be in our family
then you too would get the most beloved and coveted
birthday crown and sash courtesy of the two smallest lady members of the house.
Doesn't she look amazing folks?
What a beauty!

Here's a question:
What happens when your child requests Angel Food Cake for her birthday
(which she has done for as long as she has been speaking),
you whip out the old Angel Food Cake pan (which you inherited from your husband's grandma nigh unto 15 years ago), notice it is kinda bent, but figure it'll be fine, go ahead and make that birthday cake late Saturday night (knowing the next day is the Sabbath), think it has all worked out just dandy, until you turn the cake over to cool and realize everything isn't all just dandy, and the cake starts falling out and ripping into pieces due to the bent pan and the fact that it didn't stick in the pan like it was supposed to???
Hmmm....whatcha gonna do?
Well, if your me then you just go ahead and let that cake cool, rip it the rest of the way into tiny pieces and make an Angel Food Cake trifle.

Voila!
I do believe a new birthday tradition has been born.
And, yes, that is just one candle on the cake.
*some one* forgot to check to make sure we had candles..
okay, okay it was me.
ooops.

Happy Birthday to my Sweet, Crazy Girl.
Life would be oh so dull without you.
:o)

6 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I am amazed. Way to go. I am afraid of all those boxes. I am soo sorry for you. But at least you have that much done and ready to go. And way to go on making trifle out of lemons, or ruined angel food cake. Very resourceful.

Natalie Nelson said...

I love the 3 in 1 I do that very often, I have so many things that I don't get then posted when they happen so I do alot of catching up as you well know. Those boxes could do some real damage if disturbed I home you thretten the kidos with their life every time they slam the door. :)
I love the beanbag. I need to serously make a cover for it. Now I know who to come to (just kidding). Glad you are making progress on the packing and I was glad to hear you would be here for Easter. Looking forward to seeing you guys. Have a safe trip.

jen said...

Love the 3 in 1 post. And what I love even more is that cute model of yours in the second and third picture. 100% adorable! Great job on the beanbag. I am WAY impressed.

I am jealous that you have such a big laundry room...but I am not jealous of all the boxes...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter Audrey! She is so pretty. Can't believe she is officially a teenager.

Karin Webb said...

So you must be holding out on me in your blogging knowledge, because how could you bust out an awesome post like that in less than an hour?? And not have missing pictures or weird spacing going on!

Bean bag chair: Awesome. I am very impressed.
Moving boxes: Ugh. No comment :(
Audrey: Beautiful young lady!!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I would love to have a laundry room big enough to stack boxes in. Or even one that I could walk in. Or maybe even one that I could have the door to the washing machine and the door to the laundry room open at the same time! Never happy, right?

The trifle looks yummy. That's exactly what I would have done. Waste not, want not. That's the way us Idaho girls work things!

staci said...

Love the bean bag chair!! Good job!!!

Wow that is a mother load of boxes you've got there in your laundry room. So impressed you already have this much packed too! You are so on the ball!!

Happy Birthday to your newest teenager! I heard about the makings of the angel food cake trifle at church that day. To be honest, I think I would like it better that way anyway. That last picture of Audrey is gorgeous!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.