Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What I know For Sure.

  • I am a cold blooded creature. And not a fan of it. I hate being cold.
  • Even though I am the Treatmiester, (truly-it's a gift) it doesn't mean I should make brownies every other day. I blame today's pan on PMS.
  • I have beautiful children. Really, inside and out. I love them.
  • Cleaning is the fastest pick-me-up I know, almost always brightens my spirits.
  • Elsie sings away 97% of her waking hours at home. I am not kidding. I think it's adorable and wish I had the gift of happiness and overflowing, abounding love that she does.
  • Ironing does next to nothing for me. Perhaps if I did it more than bi-annually I would appreciate it more.
  • I'm a good mom.
  • Perspective is priceless. There is no way I could appreciate where I am if I hadn't been where I've been.
  • I really, truly can survive on next to nothing. And I'm pretty proud of me and my brood for doing what we've done.
  • Fruit and dessert should rarely mix. Fruit is fruit and dessert is dessert. There are exceptions.
  • I am looking forward to the future. It feels as though change is on the horizon.
  • Running is really good for me.
  • I am never alone. Not just literally, because- yes- I am generally surrounded by my minions, but really, I know that my Heavenly Father loves me.
  • Sleep is vital to my well being. I should wear a sign around my neck that reads: For Happiness-Keep Me Well Rested.
  • If you think you can't do something, you are probably wrong. If you think that there's no way you could manage and you are put in the situation anyway, you will live. When the choice is sink or swim, I think we're pretty much all swimmers.
  • I am swimming more gracefully these days. Feels nice.

10 comments:

bobbi said...

Oh how I love you!! And I'm so glad you let me read your blog-- I am always laughing or uplifted!! Thank you, thank you-- for being you!!!!

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

Hi....I knew/know all of these things about you....I like to tell people you are my lemonade friend. You know, when life gives you lemons.....
You fogot to mention that you are really good at giving service when ever and how ever.

P.S. I hate that my walking partner is now a running partner to someone else:(

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Here's what I know....


*That getting by on next to nothing, it's a gift that comes from being raised on a farm. And the funny thing is, I never even realized when we were kids that we were getting by on next to nothing. Moms are good at disguising nothingness.

*Running is good for you. And I wish I knew how to swim (not metaphorically, but literally).

* You are a great 'pick me up'. Even if I haven't seen you in many many years. Your posts alone tend to give me a little boost. Thanks.

kelli

farmgirl said...

Kelli-
I wish I knew how to swim literally too, it's keeps me from doing a triathlon! ...or thinking maybe I might want to do a triathlon.
~farmgirl~

annebabe said...

Dear Treatmiester,
Can I just say how nice it is to have you blogging again?? Because it is really very nice and I missed it tremendously. Secondly, I ditto the sleep remark and the perspective remark. Amen and amen. Finally, so happy to hear you say you are looking forward to the future. That is big for you and I'm proud of you.
Sincerely, Me

staci said...

Ditto about fruit & dessert! Except for chocolate covered strawberries. That's IT though!

Plenty of sleep also = a happy me too.

Yes, you do have beautiful children, inside & out. You are one lucky mama!

jen said...

Although I do not enjoy cleaning, seeing my house all tidy makes me VERY happy.

I am with Staci, I only like strawberries with chocolate...And maybe apples and toffee dip. Otherwise I do not want fruit in my dessert!

I need at least eight and a half hours of sleep each night or I am not a fun mama. Why I don't remember this every night when I stay up too late is beyond me!

I am glad things are looking up in your world!

Mer said...

You are quite inspirational - your last few posts have been good for me. Thanks.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I liked this post a lot. I might just copy it. But I don't seem to know very much right now. But I am sure I will remember what I know any day now.

Mom Nelson said...

What I know for sure....I have 8 great kids and you are one of them...

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.