Monday, January 10, 2011

Treatmiester.

So, I made brownies tonight for Family Home Evening treat.
I haven't made brownies for quite sometime.
What with the whole Christmas chocolates and mounds of neighborhood goodies around, there has been no need.
Cuz, we all KNOW that we certainly aren't treatless much around these parts.
Nothing special, just the old favorite standby recipe I've used for years.

My question to you is this...
Why am I so darn good at making brownies?

I just cut into them,
(because-you know-i need to test them to make sure they are fit for the rest of the family. nobody's going down due to brownie poisoning on my watch! i'm just really good at sacrificing like that.)

and friends, let me just tell you, my timing was perfect.

Cool enough so as to not burn one's tongue and fall completely to pieces and warm enough to still enjoy that warm melted chocolate chip, chocolate-y goodness.

mmmmMMMMmmmm.

I have a gift.

Really, it's a blessing and a curse.
:)

8 comments:

stace said...

wow...maryann. I hope someday I can be as selfless as you are in trying that first brownie. It must be a real sacrifice (wink wink).

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

How come I felt like I could taste that brownie and probably gained 5 pounds just reading about it? hmmmm

jen said...

Way to take one for the team! Now I am craving a brownie...

annebabe said...

and you are self-less with that gift too. we are blessed (cursed) with your friendship and brownie superpowers.

Karin Webb said...

Good thing you went running that morning, right?? :D

staci said...

Thanks for making my mouth water as I'm reading this post! Brownies are truly a little slice of heaven. Way to take one for the team & make sure they were good enough for the fam to eat. I'm sure they appreciate your selflessness!! :)

Natalie Nelson said...

A blessing and a curse is right. We as a family have decided that this year we need to go a little bit easy in the sweets. It seems we are always having something sweet and it seems that is all William wants to eat go figure. The only problem is we crave them. I think "hmm. Blondies sound good today". Then I have to remember what we are trying to accomplish. I say it is for the kids but really I could stand to cut down on sweets as well. So now that I have rambled enough. I'm glad you could make brownies and enjoy the sweet pleasures of life.

Fonzareli said...

I just licked my monitor...and it was de-lish!
P to the S...I sure love you!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.