Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Folks came to Town.

My parents' annual visit has come and gone.
Well, I don't know if it's really annual...but, it's been annual for the last three years--so I'm calling it "the annual trip".
And, maybe if I name it that- it really will be ;)
Last year when she came down to do a chocolate demonstration with me, my mom and I went on a shopping spree and obtained all of her grand-kid gifts.
It was such an awesome experience that despite there being no chocolate demo this year she still decided to come down and hit the stores with me.
We had a great time and got all 28 kiddos gifts purchased.
Yes, we really are that amazing!
AND, now this is the really important thing....
we didn't pay full price for ANYTHING!!
Oh, how I love a deal!
Helping other people spend money is a special gift of mine.
Me padre was the babysitter extraordinaire and kept Grant during many an hour of shopping.

Yes, yes a good time was had by all....
but, really let's just get right down to the very best part.
Not only did they bring me a lovely
Green River watermelon, delicious apples from Thelma's tree
and 50 lbs of amazing Idaho potatoes,

They also brought me this-----

And a little bit more,
like this-----

If any of you are saying,
"Wow, farmgirl, Simply Lemonade is good....??"
Let me set you straight.
It's MILK!
Milk I tell you!!
Right from the farm!!
Mmmmm.
Milk, it does a body good.

Made these tasty little treats all the more enjoyable.

And because I always like to share the goodness....

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

1/2 cup butter (room temp)
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
powdered sugar

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at time, beat each until blended -add vanilla, beat until blended. Mix dry ingredients separately, then add to wet ingredients and mix just until blended. Make round cookie dough ball thingies, roll in powdered sugar, place on baking sheet. Bake 350* for 9-11 minutes.

p.s. I squoosh them down a tiny bit before baking.
p.s.s I also add chocolate chips to the mix, shocker- I know.


Enjoy.
Best if served warm, with ice cold farm fresh milk.
:o)

10 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Haha! You had me. I'm glad I kept reading before I went straight to the store and bought a dozen containers of Simply Lemonade.

annebabe said...

I like your idea about "if I name it, thus will it become." I should do that. and thanks for sharing the recipe, they were mighty tasty. You're a giver.

Mom Nelson said...

Glad you like the milk - I thought that you just might like it...thanks again for the help with the shopping!

Fonzareli said...

ok...knowing me and knowing how I can totally screw up a batch of warm goodness coming from the oven, these little morsels of goodness don't look so difficult. I'm gonna give it a go someday soon. Very soon.

Mer said...

Do you think if I name a post after yours, my parents will visit me? And nice work on the shopping - sounds like a blast! Next time I'm in your neck of the world, I am going to have you help me bargain hunt...

Anonymous said...

Would you call that whole milk when it comes farm fresh like that?? Is their any amount of processing done? I am intrigued...
As a kid we got milk from my grandparents farm occassionaly and in my head it went from the cow to the fridge but I think I just like to remember things how I like to remember them sometimes.
The cookies look delish, I might just have to try them!

farmgirl said...

Lisa,
Nope, not whole...we call that raw milk, no processing and yes, from the cow to the tank to the fridge. MmmmMMMmmmm.

whirligigdaisy said...

Ah, now that's the life.

jen said...

Would you believe that I have NEVER tried raw milk?! I guess that is a city girl for ya! I am sure it is good though. Thanks for the recipe. I will definitely be trying these in the near future.

stace said...

yum on the cookies, but raw milk?? I don't think I am interested. Sounds kinda weird to me.

I guess I will trust you though. Why don't you throw some of those cookies in the mail and I can really tell you what I think of them?

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.