Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Truth is....

I am still alive and have not fallen off the face of the Earth.

Truth is...
I am in Idaho.
I am in Idaho attempting to enjoy some R&R.

Truth is...
Normally when I am in Idaho I don't give the rest of my life much of a second thought, I unwind with the best of them. I soak in the scenery and recharge my farmgirlness.

Truth is...
That plan isn't working so well this year. There are people, important people, coming and going back in the St. G in the next little while. Specifically a baby coming and some besties going. I'm not a huge fan of missing any of this. And so--

Truth is...
I feel like I'm here but a big piece of my heart has been left behind. And I'm not used to that. As a general rule I like to keep all of my internal organs with me. However--

Truth is...
I better get it back together because I'm gonna need a lot of heart to run this race. That's right, the race that is happening Friday. As in, the day after tomorrow. The Wasatch Back is here again. I'm running with four of my siblings, that fact alone makes it all worth while.

Truth is...
I'm not feeling as prepared as I was last year.

Truth is...
I think I will be just fine any way. !st run-- 3.4 miles. 2nd run--7 miles. 3rd run--6.1 miles. Total milege--16.5 I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. See a pattern?? Ya, I can do it.

Truth is...
It is now 10:57. The latest I have been awake (by a good 45 minutes-and even that was only one night and kind of a fluke) since my arrival here. And I am starting to feel it.

Truth is...
I took a Tylenol PM before sitting down to write this.

Truth is...
I think the drugs are catching up with me....
:)
Peace out.

4 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Best of luck in the race. Will cooler weather be a good thing? I am sorry you are feeling conflicted about your vacation. That is not so fun.

Amanda said...

Truth is--- I am going to head up that way to party with you in about t-one hour (or what ever it takes to make it "a good time") =) SO SO SO SO excited for the race, it will be so amazing! And I understand about your heart being missing a little bit, but no worries, like I said, I'm on my way, so then you will be complete again.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Good luck with the running! You'll do great. And I sure wish you would have brought a little of that nice warm St. George sunshine with you!

annebabe said...

run fast and come home soon. peace out. :)

ps- your tomatoes are delish.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.