Monday, March 22, 2010

Sure signs....

Of a youngest child.

-I am willing to peel his apple, he's not a big fan of the skin.
-I find it more cute than annoying when he climbs into bed with me (long before the light of day) and says, "Hey, Mom, hey! It's me!! It's Grant Delicious."
-He doesn't just have a train table. He has a rice train table. (I know, I know...who's brilliant idea was that???? It is a huge mess, but the kid loves it--they all do actually.)
-His brother is happy to spend hours setting up the train (of which he will ruin in moments).
-When I find him laying in the rice instead of yelling, I go grab the camera.

-His dad takes him on grand adventures to find HUGE TRACTORS!

-He has his own guitar, which he cannot and will not play without a pick in hand. Want a little concert?? Okay, I just happen to have one recorded...

(He's a little hard to understand over his awesome and amazing music, so I thought I would include the lyrics. "Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty. Oh, won't you please take me home." Nothing like a three year old belting out some Gun's N Roses on a Sunday afternoon.)


-We all find him superbly entertaining.

-We (and it's not just me--the whole family is guilty) photo document nearly everything he does.


Why didn't any one tell us the last would be so much fun??
Had we known, we would of considered having him first.
;o)

14 comments:

andrea said...

OK. The smile at the end of his performance might be the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Someone told me that their youngest is the family mascot. I think Grant fits the bill.

And PS--I want an (outdoor only) rice train table. My kids would love that.

SchoMan said...

That's my boy!

bobbi said...

I was just thinking along the same lines with Reagan-- being the end, kind of spoiled one (and that's my excuse with her!!) Wish I hadn't seen the rice train table-- shouldn't do it, might have to (I would be the coolest mom-- next to you, of course!!)

Mom Nelson said...

Ummm.....I'm not quite sure what I should say about the last child...it's true that the last one does get some special exceptions to rules that the others didn't...even when you have had eight!! Just enjoy the journey with him :)

Amanda said...

I know the last child is always the best!!! I knew you would realize this someday, I am just glad that you have finally gotten there. Mom, you know just what to say about the last child, you just don't want to hurt anyone's feelings so you don't dare write it on here, but I do know your real feelings about the subject. Horray for the youngest child!

Natalie Nelson said...

love the guitar playing. Hey, and why not Guns "n" Roses on a Sunday afternoon.

Hot Mom said...

Oh yes, the last child. I could go on and on and on.

annebabe said...

My favorite part is the 6am (or earlier wake-up call) "Its me mom, Grant Delicious!" How can anyone resist that? There is most definitely something special about the youngest, they are simply irresistible. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love that Grant boy. I'm pretty sure that he couldn't do anything that was annoying. With that face, come on....

Megs said...

My youngest (so far) is soooo super cute too, perhaps we just really appreciate how adorable the yougenst is while they are so little now that the other twerps are growing up so fast!!!
What I DON'T understand is how my youngest is also the most...
EVIL!!!!!!!!
*sigh*
Oh, Grant...you ARE Grant Delicious! That smile, no wonder he can get away with murder!

Wow...a Rice Train table, Sam would FREAK out, but so would I ;) Right now he and Izzy are busy using the empty planter boxes Josh built for his trains/trucks etc...unfortunately that means they are covered to the SKIN in dirt every day. (especially nice in the sweaty hair..urgh)
How in the world do you deal with the Rice mess? You rock, and you are a genius too...as usual!
I bow to your total Awesome-Farmgirlness! ;D

jen said...

You are a brave woman to have a rice train table inside. You are definitely more fun than me!! Could Grant be any cuter standing in that enormous tractor wheel? And, I love his little Guns 'n Roses concert. Cute. Cute. Cute.

Audz said...

Really Mom? You would have?

staci said...

I love your little mister. He is too hilarious. LOVE the rice table! How fun is that? I think I'd spend time playing with it too. I'm with Anne on the "Hey Mom, it's me - Grant Delicious" in the wee hours in the morning. That is THEEEE cutest! You definitely do have one fine lad on your hands (although I am kinda partial to Elsie too - what a sweetheart that one is!!)

kelli said...

Love the rice. That must make a nice mess. But ya, I know what you mean about grabbing the camera instead of yelling. I find myself doing the same. Love it.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.