Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Top Ten Tag

Angie tagged me awhile ago and I am now getting around to it. Here goes:
Top Ten Things I Love About My Kids.

10. Singing "Happy Trails" (thank you Van Halen) at the end of just about every road trip. Mike introduced us to that little gem years ago and it has stuck. We are not what you would call a vocally inclined bunch but we can belt out this one with some gusto.

9. Sunday dinner. You know the old stand by--roast beef, mashed potatoes, corn, and biscuits. It is the one meal that they all love. That means no one is complaining that they don't like it! It's a little Sunday miracle for me every time.

8. Family swims in the back yard. This is our FHE most of the summer. They love it when we all get in the pool. This could be because Mike is very fair in his dunking of everyone and doesn't leave me out of it.

7. Camping with them. They are like different kid's out there. I suppose I'm like a different Mom out there, too. We all turn into pioneer people, we can deal with being dirty, we are happy with what ever food we have, and throwing rocks is all of the sudden a fabulous pass time. I love to camp and I love that they love to camp.

6. The way they all treat Grant. That kid is so loved.

5. Laughing with them. I mean when we really get going- tears streaming down everyone's faces, nobody can stop, it hurts- laughing. It doesn't happen all that often and usually when it does it is during scripture reading...I'm not totally sure what that says about us.

4. Watching them wrestle with Mike--all of them at the same time.

3. Seeing Adam with a brother after waiting so many years for it and loving the way Grant has basically become the mascot for Adam and his friends.

2. All three sisters playing American Girl Doll's together, including the "set-up" stage of creating houses for the girls and their doll, watching them be mom's to their dolls.

1. The number one thing I love about my kid's is they made my dream come true. I can never remember a time when I didn't want to be a mom. The old song "When I grow up I want to be a mother. One little, two little, three little babies of my own"...that was me! Except I was blessed with five little babies of my own. Without them I wouldn't be complete- so thanks guys, I love you all.



There are a million things I love about my kids, these were just the first to come to mind. There are those days when coming up with two reasons would be a struggle-that's just how it is here in the trenches, luckily those are just a few days in a whole lifetime. I would suggest this tag for any mother...what good therapy!

3 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

That was sweet. And it made me laugh too. Thanks! I know I love my kids, but sometimes I need to remember exactly 'why' other than just my maternal responsibility to do so! kelli

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

By the way...our laughing fits usually occur during family prayer. Like when the kids bless that we can sleep good (at morning prayers), and they bless my grandma who died a year ago. Not so funny, yet it's so funny.

jen said...

What a fun tag. You have such cute kids!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.