Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Husband Tag


Here it is two weeks before Christmas already. I still have much to do. Topping the list is making chocolates. That is on the agenda for the next several days and will become more and more time consuming in the very near future. Right now I am waiting for my carmel to cook so I thought I would do a tag my friend gave me. Sure, there are plenty of other things to do. Like, oh say...laundry, cleaning, Christmas cards, spending quality time with my chiltin's just to mention a few--but I'm gonna opt to blog. That's right, blog. Here goes:

1. Full name: Michael Edwin Schoenfeld. His middle name is also his dad's, his grandpa's and Adam's.

2. How long have you been married? 15 years this coming June (holy crap! that's along time!!)

3. How long did you date? We met at the beginning of the school year and we were married at the end, so I guess about 8 months.

4. Who eats the sweets? Yah-that would be me. Mike like's treats okay...I have a minor obsession with anything warm, gooey, tasty and chocolate. Mike still laments about the year I was off chocolate while I was nursing Elsie. The treat production went down drastically. He claims he gets a little chocolated-out. I know, I know- how is that even possible? I do make a mean chocolate chip cookie that he has a weakness for.

5. Who said "I love you" first? Mike. And for the record--it was waaayyy too soon, but apparently it worked out for him cuz here I am.

6. Who is taller? Mike. He's got about 4 inches on me.

7. Who is smarter? Here's the thing- I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, but Mike knows A LOT of stuff. He is just so knowledgeable about so many things. I did take a few years of Spanish in high school so when he asks me to translate something I feel really smart. To be completely honest my skills aren't that great-I don't really know how I learned any Spanish at all, Miss Snow was not the brightest bulb in the box.

8. Who does the laundry? Well, now how could I be the domestic goddess that I am if Mike got involved with such things as laundry?

9. Who pays the bills? This task has bounced back and forth over the years. Right now it's Mike.

10. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I sleep on the side closest to the door, which ever side that is. It's a residual habit from needing to get up with nursing babies.

11. Who mows the lawn? Adam does. Older kids are just so durn handy.

12. Who drives? Mike. He has an awesome sense of direction. But mostly he doesn't want my job of dealing with the kids and handing things back to them.

13. Who admits they are wrong? Neither one of us likes to freely admit when we are wrong. Mike is much better about letting it go when I am wrong. I tend to want to do the whole "told ya so, told ya so, told ya, told ya, told ya so!"

14. Who kissed who first? He kissed me-how could he resist a hottie such as myself?

15. Who asked who out first? He asked me. We did a fair amount of 'hanging out' together before our first official date. He took me to go see Forgotten Carroll's. In his mind we were already steadily dating at that point. Yes, I was very naive.

16. Who wears the pants? Hmmm...that's a tough one. I'd like to think I do, but really Mike just lets me think that until I don't want to deal with something and he steps right in. He's really nice that way.

So there you have it. My dear old darling hubby in a nut shell. He is by far the most fun I've ever had- he tells me quite often how boring my life would be without him and how boring his life would be without me. I guess that means we are perfect for each other.

Thanks for the tag Kelli. These are really fun to do!

8 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Was Miss Snow that young teacher that allof the senior boys hit on?

Thanks for filling the tag. It was fun to read. And laundry will always still be there. At this point, you just as well wait until the kids get their dirty clothes from today added to the pile.

Natalie Nelson said...

Hey man, you are quit the blogger. When Adam comes to visit in the summer you can tell him I have a big lawn he can mow. Let's see how hardy he really is. Good luck with the chocolotes. Thanks again for the early Christmas present (thank Mike too) it will come in real handy when I do mine next week.One last thing, David wants to know if you are on face book.

Robyn Lamoreaux said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
andrea said...

your one liners always crack me up.

"but apparently it worked out for him cuz here I am"
"Miss Snow was not the brightest bulb in the box"
"how could he resist a hottie such as myself?"
just a few faves...your blog is a great source of entertainment for me. really.

ps--I do need help. Send Audrey over with chocolates :0). Maybe I can help her with her lunchroom debt? :0)

jen said...

That is such a cute picture of Mike and Grant. You two make a good team. Mike was very lucky to marry a "hottie" such as yourself. Good luck with your chocolate making!

bobbi said...

Oh Miss Snow!! All I remember about her class (no Spanish or anything) was Bunky Cross jumping out the window in that old Academy building and Miss Snow had a major melt down after that!! In fact, I don't think she taught class for like two weeks after that! Good for you that you remember Spanish-- and Good luck with your choclates!! I have 6 doz. cookies to bake tomorrow for a cookie exchange at church on Wednesday! Help.....

Megs said...

That was so sweet! As much as I LOVE to tease Mike (even after all these years) he is seriously one of the best guys I have ever known! You two seem absolutely perfect for each other! :D Love that tag! And about Mike pursuing you when you were dating...well he obviously has great taste! :D

Anneke said...

Oh, Miss Snow. Somehow I almost forgot about her. Is that Bobbi Clark up there reliving Bunky jumping.??? I am laughing my head off!!! Oh, the Academy. The one thing I remember about Miss Snow is one day she walked down the isle to pick up what she thought was a piece of paper - turned out to be a tampon (the kind without the applicator) that had apparantly fallen out of someone's pocket. She picked it up, realized what it was (after holding it up to examine it), turned bright red and quickly disposed of it.
hahahahahahahahahaha!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.