Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Doing my part to make the world a better place one chocolate at a time.


My chocolates are finally done. Yippee!!! I still need to plate them(I have half of them plated already) and then deliver. Aahhh...delivering chocolates as a family event rivals putting lights on the tree (see previous post). I actually handed a plate out when some one brought a treat to my house tonight- no offense to any one- but how tacky is that?? That's just where I'm at- I'm considering posting on face book that I have thirty plates of chocolates available on a first come first serve basis. Those who run over here are the lucky ones that get them- to the rest? Well, maybe next year. That's just the exhaustion speaking...it's been a really long day. No worries--little bits of heaven are on their way to all my besties. All my besties that live in a 5 mile radius at any rate.

So I thought I would give a little blog-tutorial on chocolate making, since I don't have a whole lot of takers on getting up at 4:45 to come see the magic in action for themselves. I know, I know you are all dying to here about it.


Here I am beating my Almond Nut Roll (also known as nutty balls by my brother-in-law) center.


Mike and the girls shaping caramels. The kids are only too eager to help- Mike on the other hand does this solely out of duty. Have I mentioned before that he is a really good sport?


I buy a 10 lb. block of chocolate. Yes, I said 10 POUNDS. And yes, that is the end of it. I need to buy more next year, that was barely enough.


Mmmm...melted goodness in a pan.



Here's the actual dipping. I must say that I love doing this. It is a LONG standing family tradition. One that I am hoping to pass along to the next generation...


From the look on her face I think it's going to stick.


This is what you would call "Chocolates as far as the eye can see" --or at least to the end of the counter.

There you have it folks. Now won't you all enjoy them just a little bit more this year?


9 comments:

Megs said...

OK, can I just say that after reading this post, and seeing those chocolaty good pics....you are now my new best friend! Wow I wish we lived close enough to partake of THAT goodness! I would have been on your doorstep within minutes of reading that post! :D Looks great, you are really talented! 4:45?...Crazy, but talented! :D

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

4:45 am???? Are you kidding? You really have gone off the deep end! They look yummy, and at this very moment, I'm wishing I was one of the lucky 5 mile radius besties. bummer. Merry Christmas!

andrea said...

Here's the thing that has me concerned...you are up making a million chocolates at 4:45 in the morning and still manage to look cute. I don't get it. At all. But the chocolates look amazing. And how fun that you documented it all. A true blogger :0)

bobbi said...

That is amazing!!! And after seeing that I am not talking anymore about the 4 batches of sugar cookies I made last Saturday or the 9 dozen cookies I made on Tuesday-- they don't even compare to what you just posted-- time and taste, I'm sure!:) You are awesome!!

annebabe said...

so can i say how glad i am that #1 you called me a "bestie." i heart you. and #2 that i live in the coveted 5 mile radius, and #3 that i did my part to relieve stress and saved you a delivery! :) merry chocolatey christmas to you!

jen said...

I second all three things that Anne said. I have been savoring each and every one. I am not sharing any with my kids. They wouldn't appreciate all the time and effort that went into making them like I can! Yum!

SchoMan said...

That's my girl!

Bryant P. Castleton said...

Mmmmmm - insert my Homer Simpson drool here. Looks like so much family Christmas fun.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

kennan said...

i am ready for some... send them up north.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.