Sunday, February 10, 2013

A thousand drops of water.

We all know I'm not so techno savvy, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that I haven't changed much on my phone since I got it.  
The setting it came with to notify me of a text or a post on my face book wall is a drop of water.  

My birthday was filled with the sound of water drops.  
The drops of water started at 5:30 in the AM and didn't stop until, well...after I feel asleep that night.  
I felt loved.  It was a good day.

And because I have very little shame I will share with you the photos my kiddos took to remember the day....

Aren't I a beauty?
Yes, I still had to go to work on the big day...
that's okay, we had cupcakes for lunch.
 
  
Awaiting the big b-day gift reveal.
Mikey and the kids gave me an electric blanket.
Umm, hello?!? 
Best thing ever.
EVER.
When I say EVER I mean really EVER,
like...where have you been all my life?
And btw doesn't Mike look so excited for me to open it?
He loves me.
 
  
This pic is to document that I have matches on my cake.
Classy.
Nothing says party like burning the house down with 38 matches.

(and just in case any of the pack of chicks are reading 
and/or wondering...
yes, that is indeed the shirt from our wicked trip a 
mere 5+ years ago. what? I like it)

 
And finally we have my super awesome cake.
One of my YW made it for me.
Chocolate Goodness.
I said I like chocolate and she delivered.

The punks made and decorated sugar cookies while I was at work,
but we didn't get a picture of the 
"Happy B-day Mom!"
cookie line up.
It was pretty great.

A good day all around.
38...here I come.


1 comment:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! So happy it was such a good day for you. Sounds marvelous and what is wrong with your wicked shirt from 5 years ago? I ask you. And I can believe that an electric blanket would be the best gift ever. Oh my goodness do we have the state of always being freezing cold in common too? You have got to be kidding me and I am so sorry, as I think it pretty much sucks to be cold all the time. Aunt Shauna has it also. I blame her.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.