Thursday, August 23, 2012

First Day.

Well, would you look what showed up at my door step this morning??? 
(Actually for the past two days...let's pretend I finished this yesterday, 
which was the official first day of school.
kthanks)
That's right--the Big Yellow Ticket to Solitude returns.

And when it left....
 ...it took all of these lovely people with it.  


 Adam.
A junior this year.  A JUNIOR.
That means we there's only one more first day of school for this guy.
I'm not sure how I feel about that.  Hello??  His birthday is Friday...and he'll be 17.
Did you catch that???  I said he'll be 17!!
Two years and he's off on his mission.
Holy Crap.

Audrey.
This lovely young lady started high school today.
I think she's been ready since 2nd grade.
I don't worry about her not being able to handle high school,
Frankly, I wonder if the high school is ready for her.


Lucy.
Goose is in the 7th grade this year.
She is such a funny girl...not really a fan of posing for the camera.
This was the closest thing to a "normal" picture we got.
She was pulling some pretty weird poses.

Elsie.
Elsie is in 4th grade.  
This girl is a lover of school.
I think mostly because it means she gets to socialize with more people.
What a cutie.

 
Grant.
My little buddy is in kindergarten.
It's kind of a killer, I quite enjoy this little man's company.
When I asked him if he missed me he replied,
"Well, no mom.  I kind of forgot you were even alive."
Ummm, okay. I'll try not to take that too personally.
 I'm just glad he had a fabulous day. 

Now, boys and girls, are we working on our counting?
Did everyone count up how many children got on the 
Big Yellow Ticket to Solitude??
That's right, Five.
And how many children does farmgirl have??
Yup, Five.
.......
It's SO weird.
SO WEIRD.

The 'How was your first day?' reports are in.
To sum it up...
A good time was had by all.
:o)

2 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Congratulations, You have arrived. Now you know that means you will have all kinds of time for blogging. I will be checking in more frequently.

And you do have quite a good looking bunch of kiddos.

whirligigdaisy said...

That is CRAZY! All of your little ones off to school. (I realize some of them are not so little, but still). Are you off to your part-time job? How is that? Do tell.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.