Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Abundant Harvest

So, did you ever hear the one about the lady who was buried alive by zucchini?
No?
Well, it's me.
No joke, I currently have 45 zucchini sitting on my counter.  And we have already shredded and frozen enough zucchini to make multiple batches of zucchini bread and brownies.  Plus there's more in the garden ready to be picked in few days.

I know a picture is worth a thousand words, and believe me when I tell you I would LOVE to photo document this craziness.  Unfortunately, my camera is lost.  These are the pitfalls of letting the children find ways to entertain themselves during the summer.  They take the camera, make crazy movies and take crazy pictures and before you know it...Look Ma, No Camera.  Eh, well.  I'm assuming it will turn up when the dust settles.

Of course I would like to have pictures to show you, but more importantly I'm going to need documentation to present to my dearly beloved husband next year when garden planting time rolls around.  He's a good man, but has a short memory for these things.  I need for him to remember that our plants are massive and produce more than all of Franklin County could consume.  I need for him to remember that the plant sizes range from a mere 6 foot diameter to a staggering 15 foot diameter...and that's plenty big.  I need for him to remember that NO ONE needs 12 varieties of zucchini and squash planted in their garden.

Please remember People, I'm no gardener.  I'm terrible at it in fact.  Sure, I try to fake it. But, who am I kidding?  I've spent so very little time out there this summer, I'm plant neglectful and a weeding fiasco. Imagine how this garden would do with someone who really knew what they were doing and put their heart into it.  Kind of frightening if you ask me.

Peace out.
If you need me I'll be shredding, blending, grilling, breading, frying or steaming zucchini.  And in my spare time I'll be pickling beets, like 14 quarts of them.

Love,
farmgirl

that's farmgirl. not gardengirl
could someone please tell mike that.

2 comments:

jen said...

Wow!! I was pretty excited about the TWO zucchinis we grew this year. I can't imagine more than 45!! Good luck with all that! If I lived closer I would happily take some of that off your hands. :)

whirligigdaisy said...

Well we rent and can't garden. I'd take a few off your hands if I were near. . . You go girl.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.