Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Abode.

All righty, time for the long awaited pictures of the new abode.
I just KNOW you have all been on pins and needles, hardly been able to sleep at night waiting for this.

Couple things....
1* I am NOT a photog (in case you hadn't noticed before)
2* These were taken after my morning run so I know they are a little strange with the sunlight issues....oh well.
3* I think the outside of our house is pretty deceiving. It's actually quite roomy inside.

The front.
Penny, making a cameo.
She is loving her new found freedom, BTW.


Another of the front. This is the weird light one....
or maybe I have moved to the celestial kingdom
and my house is glowing.
One of the two.

The back.
I really like the walk out basement.
And while we're on the subject, let me just say
I love having a basement.
L.O.V.E - I.T.

And now, it's time for a few of my favorite things....

Our mailbox.
We've worked a lot in the yard.
Did I say a lot? Because I meant A LOT.
This yard was in sorry shape.
We found this old trash can and decided it would make a great mailbox stand.
We dug out the falling apart blue plastic thing it was in, buried the trash can a bit
and Ta-Da!!
So far no letters to Oscar the Grouch have been delivered.

This is an older home.
Complete with all the older home charm I love.
Like....

Sweet built in cabinets and drawers.
Love them.


Cool, cool windows.
My favorite is the little one above our bed.


Awesome doors.
I LOVE this door in the office.


And my view from my back door.
Yup.
I'm in a good place.

9 comments:

stace said...

wow...jealousy of all that land! What fun for your kids! The house looks pretty sweet too. You seem happy which is great!!

Amanda said...

I'm going to go with you moved to the celestial kingdom. Yeah, that's my guess....

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

Ahhh....It's beautiful! I am crazy about your view! Happy to see your bed and other familiar items in the couple pictures. Miss you friend.

andrea said...

ooooh...I love it. I love old charm too, there's just no real way to replicate it. The view is amazing and well...I'm kind of jealous. Looks like there's room for my summer house behind you? :)

annebabe said...

FINALLY! thanks for posting pictures because I was on pins and needles!! Your backyard view is making me insanely jealous, its what home should look like.

Audrey Eliza said...

We are all in our relm in one way or another

jen said...

Your new home looks amazing! I love your view! I am very jealous.

bobbi said...

AWESOME!!! So happy for you guys-- and I am going to be running through there Aug. 12, so know I am waving to you (well, I will try, if I am not too tired!!:) My sister talked me into running the Epic relay. Haven't been back to P town in a really long time, so that will be fun. Not sure about the whole running part, though!:)

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE your blog. Seriously. I always leave here feeling happier than I did when I came. And I really love your new house too! You just can't get cool doors and such in new houses. And the view is priceless!
kelli

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.