Wednesday, June 15, 2011

HELLO WORLD!!

I'm Back!
I have rejoined the 21st century once again and have internet. WooHoo!
So, now that I have internet I need to find time to blog....
that could be a little twicky.
But, I WILL find the time. Promise.

Like....how 'bout now??
Okay, here goes...

I've never been much of a "catch-up" person when it comes to blogging.
I write it in the moment or I write it not at all.
But, for you, my dears readers a re-cap/catch-up it will be....


MOVING DAY.

....was brutal.

Saying good bye to some purty durn special people was tough.
Real tough.
No need to get all weepy now, so...
And that's all I'm going to say about that.


Shutting the garage door one last final time
and walking away from that house was really, really hard.
I sobbed, -SOBBED- I tell you, once the door was shut
and I knew I was walking away from my St. G life for good.
The sobbing only lasted until I climbed aboard the Beast
(the "Sweet Beast", for those who may not know,
is our beloved good 'ole -yet relatively new to us- 1999 suburban)

and started my long trek back to Cache Valley.

Mike had left an hour ahead of us, thinking it would be slow going in the moving truck.
We were wrong about that. Dead wrong.
Silly, sightless people...thinking the moving truck would be the slow vehicle.
That's crazy talk.


Good thing I was armed with some freshly baked blondies,
courtesy of Anne. They muffled the sniffling nicely.
I didn't share with anyone, just ate and breathed.
They got me all the way to the freeway, after that I just let the tears
roll down off and on until about Beaver.

Beaver is where we encountered our first set of tire problems.
One of the trailers--the big one--the 28 footer,
driven by Shawn (Mike's bestie and a super great guy),
needed four new tires.
So, four tires and an hour or so later off we went.

Onward and upward
(and by saying "onward and upward" I mean slowly--very slowly--but, surely. Top speed of 66 MPH.)
...until we reached Willard.
Willard is where we encountered tire set of problems numero dos.
So,
Two new tires on the trailer carrying Mike's beloved '48 Willies jeep that I was pulling
(YES, you heard that right, I was pulling..thankyou, thankyouverymuch--I know, I'm amazing)
and we were on our merry way.

By this point, my nerves were shot.
I was exhausted physically, mentally and emotionally.

And then....
we reached Sardine Canyon.
As I entered Sardine my spirits began to rise.
I was approaching my very favorite part of the drive.
Anyone who is familiar with the drive into Cache Valley knows exactly where I am talking about.
Just as you round a corner coming out of the canyon the entire valley magically opens up before you.
It is spectacular.
I love it.
And I knew we were getting OH SO CLOSE!
I was indeed going to make it.

So, a drive that usually takes us just over 6 hours took us very nearly 10.
But, we made it!

11 comments:

Amie Earl said...

Hi I am so glad you made it I would like to stop in sometime and say hello Welcome home.

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

Hi! Welcome back to blog land.....perhaps I will see you in the near future:) Miss you!

annebabe said...

oh look at you and your re-cap, complete with pictures! Get on with your bad self! and three cheers for you having the internet. HIP HIP HOORAY! I like hearing your voice in my head while I read your post. And I might have gotten a little vehklempt (sp?) reading about your garage closing and freeway driving experience. miss you like crazy.

Sarah said...

Look look! I can make the transition to virtual friend, but I don't have to like it. Real-life-in-your-face friend is a whole lot more fun.

But I am here!! Haha!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Wow, moving is hard enough, why can't it just go smoothly. I have pretty much never heard anyone, and I mean anyone say "We just moved and it was fantastic, everything went just as planned" No it is ALWAYS one problem after another. Why? I don't get why the universe feels the need to push you down and slap you in the face when you are going through such a difficult time. But at least you made. And I know exactly what you are talking about, I love that part of the drive as well.

And did you ever hear about the time I drove up from Vegas? I made it all the way to the stop light in Brigham City and my transmission just stopped. How crazy is that? So there I was stranded and well it was not a pretty picture or a good time. The only good part of it was Aunt Shauna took me in the the four or five days it took to get my car fixed. And staying with Aunt Shauna is never a bad thing.

Best of luck in your new home.

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you are back to blogging. It just doesn't seem right to not have your blogs to read. I still can't believe all of the drama on your way up here. But, St. G's loss is my gain! I know you left some good peeps, but I am thrilled to have you here! AND I can't wait to watch all of our oh so important t.v. together next week. (you know, today I realized that Molly will be there on Wednesday too, do you even realize how big of a sytycd party this is going to be? What will we make for a treat?)

Fonzareli said...

Welcome home Schoenfeld Family. Welcome home.

jen said...

Wow! Sorry your drive to Idaho was so eventful! I think I would have had a mental breakdown. Glad that is all behind you now. Miss you guys!

whirligigdaisy said...

Well of course things NEVER go smoothly now do they??? Here's to hoping things are peachy now.

staci said...

Sounds like your venture up to Idaho was quite exciting! I'm with Jen - I would have had a nervous breakdown too. You are one tough chick. Glad you are getting settled & the "fun" of moving is over.

ps-I totally know that part of the drive up in that neck of the woods where you come out of the canyon & then you see the whole Cache Valley. Beautiful!

Audrey Eliza said...

Yup. It was long.I to have rejoined the blogging world. (the guy who changed our tires put them on backwards. But, he fixed them. His name was Tina.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.