Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Reality Check.

Or, in my case Checking Back into Reality.

Uh-huh, that's what I will be doing tomorrow.
Did I fail to mention that I have been hanging out here in farmland for about two weeks now?
I really can't put it off my return much longer.
School starts back up in a week.
A week. Crazy, eh?
So...I guess it's time for little old farmgirl to put on her big girl panties, pack up the kiddies and head on back to the St. G.

Let's face it friends, I have pretty much been avoiding my regular life all summer.
Of the 11 weeks of summer I have spent a grand total of about 3 1/2 at my residence.
Now, please do not forget that I spent 4 days at youth conference and 5 days at girls camp and that Mike spent a week at scout camp (who wants to be home in the heat with the hubby gone?) and that both of my Idaho trips have revolved around events ie. the Wasatch Back and a family reunion.

So there, that's not so bad--right??

Tell me it's okay that I have been visiting not only my home state of Idaho but a familiar little state called Denial.

Life has been, well, let's just say I'd be okay not having an instant replay of the last 9, 10, 11 months or so. Not complaining--just sayin'. Many, many valuable lessons learned. Here's to hoping I have learned them well and am ready to move into another of life's classrooms.

Want to know one of the perks of my life with a little less anxiety???

I. blog. more.

And, helloooo, who doesn't want that???

Onward and Upward!
Yo-Ho!!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh denial, what a great place to visit, and even build a summer home. I have had a great time with your stay up north! I do have to say, this second visit has been more enjoyable than the first, I'm sure you know what I am talking about! :) Feel free to run away from your world anytime, it is always good to see you! But I will admit, I am looking forward to more of your blogging!! P.S. next time you see me, I wont be so fat AND I'll have a baby! Does that freak your freak or what!?!?

Fonzareli said...

THERE YOU ARE! I have MISSED you! Like...ALOT! Had I known you were in God's country, I woulda made my way north. I kinda wanna hug ya! CYBER HUG (( ))

Hot Mom said...

I LOVE denial. Totally a fun place to be. Denial this week is never leaving my house (who wants to go out in 112 degree heat, and watching way too much TV on-line). Glad you are back it was lonely having you off "the grid".

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Denial is my most favoritest place ever. I say reality is way overratted. Stay in denial as long as possible.

I think there is nothing wrong with spending the summer away from home. Good for you.

Mer said...

It was so great to see you in denial/id:) I am pretty sure when i get to my new locale, it will be a rude awakening. Enjoy sending your kids back to school - and hope the next year is full of pleasant surprises!

andrea said...

I am happy you are home! I think your next blogging assignment should be about your fabulous new hair cut. The one I was thinking about as I fell asleep last night. Yep. That's the one. I think a picture is in order, at the very least.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.