Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Just me and my Boy.

Grant and I are holding down the fort this afternoon. It is VERY rare for us not only to have our own crew running a muck, but we usually have at least a few extra friends after school.

I was sitting here at the computer just messing around, he was racing up and down the hall-sporting his Thomas undies and Double Diamond Dairy t-shirt- showing me his muscles and how fast he can run and as I watched him I was over come with how lucky I am to have him here.

That little stink really gave us a run for our money...one sick little bambino. I don't look at the pictures very often, but since I was sitting right here I pulled them up...

Six weeks old, he weighed only one ounce more than the day he was born. This picture was taken the day he was admitted into the hospital. He had already been under the lights for a few hours when this picture was taken. Pumpkin Boy was already pinking up, you can really see the difference around his eyes where his mask covered. The trouble was he had multiple symptoms. He was so jaundice, his levels were at an 18- should have been nonexistent or a 1 at six weeks. Compound that with his failure to thrive and that fact he puked up everything. He was a mess.

My momgut told me it was pyloric stynosis. Grandmagut confirmed- we have a family history. The doctor thought so too.

The test was negative. That night I spent in the hospital was horrifically long. Not knowing was the worst part. Thank the heavens above for my sweet nurse, Bobbi. We made it through the night together.

Grant's brilliant doctor ordered a different test, testing for the same thing the next day and sure enough...pyloric stynosis! One surgery later and we were one our way to a healthy boy. Never did figure out the multiple symptoms. But I have my boy, and that's good enough for me.

Three years later and I couldn't love him more.

5 comments:

jen said...

Cute post! I am so glad you have Grant in your family. He is one adorable little boy.

Natalie Nelson said...

It just goes to show he was ment to be here for the long hall. I can't imagine your family without him.

Unknown said...

I love me some Grantie-boy! I for one am so glad he is around! The little stink he is and all, how do you not just Love him? Oh and one of the best things about Grant...He doesn't like to wear pants, that's my boi! I really think you should nix the whole one must be fully dressed to eat dinner rule at your house, I can never come visit with restrictions like that you know.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
annebabe said...

How can you resist anyone in Thomas under-roos? Its nigh unto impossible! Glad that Mr.G decided to stick around and leave that nasty sickly business in the past. Always trust the mamagut. :)

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.