Thursday, January 19, 2012

Good Things.

  •  I fixed a dinner last night that all (minus one) of my family LOVED.  Score Me!  Enchilada Layered Casserole, I put it on the Food Blog.
  • I updated the ole Food Blog.  Good stuff going on over there. Good things like:  Baking Powder Biscuits, Pancakes, Natalie's Peanut Butter Bars, Bread Sticks, Bean Casserole & Enchilada Layered Casserole.  Yup, I've been a busy girl.
  • Me Mum and I found this super cool lamp at the DI.  Only $3!!  Sure it was brass, but that was an easy fix.  Nothing a bit of spray paint couldn't take care of. I love the leaded glass.



  • My super-duper-clever-clever-toilet-lever table.  I rearranged my front room after Christmas.  I needed another little something to pull the room together and I came up with this little genius idea.  I used the old milk can I had out on the front porch for the base and a giant sized cutting board Mike made for me forever ago that I am not using right now (not enough counter space in the kitchen) for the top. A little weird?  Maybe.  But I love it.



  • The wood burning stove.  My love for this little amenity runs deep and pure.When it's a brisk 0* outside--yes, that's right ZERO!!  I am warm and toasty in my snug little wood burning stove heated abode.
  • Hot Chocolate.  There is one thing that is an absolute must for a cup of really good Hot Chocolate...hot cocoa mix from the cannery.  Seriously, it's the best.  The other really important item I'm afraid most of you won't be able to get....raw milk.  It's a great combo.  If the opportunity ever comes along to enjoy some....take it.

  • The fact that for the most part Grant entertains himself.  Today his project was a railroad/bridge track.  He was proud as a peacock.  Have I mentioned I adore this kid?


  • And for my last "good things" item of the day....Good Peeps.  Listen, here's the deal--I know I'm crazy.  But I'd like to thank you all for not pointing that out to me on a regular basis.

3 comments:

Natalie Nelson said...

You are so clever. I love how people can pull together things they have lying around the house and make them look awesome. I wish I had such a talent but alas I do not. The good thing is I have you so near by to use those artistic skills and help me. Don't ever tell your self you don't have skills because Girl you are a skills master.

Natalie Nelson said...

Oh. Love the Lamp. I need to take you to the DI with me next time to help me see all those "diamonds in the ruff".

jen said...

I am so happy that you updated your food blog. I am excited to try out your breadstick recipe. Yum! I am impressed with your resourcefulness. I wish I was good at finding treasures at DI and then fixing them up. It just isn't my forte.

I was at the cannery yesterday and thought of both you and Anne when I saw the Hot Cocoa mix. Can you believe that I have never tasted their cocoa mix. Gasp! I know it is a crime. I must put that on my to-do list.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.