Monday, September 26, 2011

Hi.

I'm stumped, Folks.
Bloggers block, if you will.
There's things to say and stuff to report, but it's just not comin' to me.
Soooo, a ramblin' I'll go.....

  • Who says country life is "slower paced"? Not this girl!! It's a myth. A lie. Maybe when the snow flies? I'll get back to you on that one.
  • We are OH SO CLOSE to finishing the bathroom down stairs. Can I get a WOO and a HOO?!?!? I am so excited about this on so many levels. Yay for two toilets, two showers, and two getting ready spots! Yay for the absence of the big mess of construction in the family room! Yay for me not asking Mike how much longer he thinks it will take!
  • We plan to have a Family Home Evening on 'New Bathroom Rules of Usage'. It will include a come to Jesus talk about how not to ruin our nice new bathroom, Mike will be leading the discussion--- should be fun. (Grant is calling it our "toilet respect talk") Hey, as long as the night ends with a treat...we're all happy, right?
  • We have 2 new members of the family.
Am I crazy? Maybe.
Do I know that living on a farm there's a darn good chance that mice will be a problem in the winter?
Uh, der...ya I do.
Do I hate mice?
Do I really, REALLY hate mice??
More than I can say.
It's a lot.
A whole lot.
Are these two little cuties going to help me sleep a little better at night?
Absolutely.
Allow me to introduce our two new best friends,
doing what they do best during the day (napping)...

Black Bart.
Chosen and named by the boys.


And Ginger Ale.
Chosen and named by the girls.
A.L.E.
stands for Audrey, Lucy, Elsie.
Cute name, huh?

  • Grant's 5th birthday is tomorrow. Five??? How can that be? It feels weird. Just weird. I don't really know that I am ready to have my youngest be five. Thank goodness he didn't go to kindergarten this year. I would be a disaster.
  • I'm breathing a little easier today. I had to speak in church yesterday. AGAIN. I've already spoken once since we moved here. So that's twice since June! I actually don't mind speaking, it's just always nice to be done with. The first time it was with Mike as new move ins and this time was because of my sorta new calling--been there 6 weeks. Oh, did I mention my calling?? Ummm, that would be Young Women's President. I know! What the What!?! Stop laughing. So far so good, I'm actually really liking it (even though I have a deep dark fear that I am somehow doing something horrifically wrong and I may be given the boot at any given moment...someone will wise up and say,"Hey, who put the crazy lady in charge?" and out I'll go).
  • Because I know you have all been losing sleep over the 'Green Towel Conundrum', I'll give you an update: It was the strangest thing....I posted that little tidbit on the old blog, and viola, problem solved. No more wet towels folded on the shelf. So, what have we learned here Students? Shame and embarrass your children into obedience. Publicly announce all those little things your loved one's do that just about make you crazy--put it out there on the World Wide Web for all to see--and Ta Da, the problem fixes itself. I know, I'm a genius.
  • And since I seem to be on a roll with the whole 'post it on the blog and it shall come to pass' thing....let's all send some positive vibes out there to the universe regarding Mike and a job. mmmkay? Thanks. (After nearly three years, dirt poorness has lost some of it's charm. Strange, I know.)
Peace out, Amigos. Peace out.
:o)

5 comments:

Sydney said...

Oh Mary Anne thanks for always giving me a good laugh! I think that you are going to be an absolutely wonderful young women's president :)

annebabe said...

That green towel mystery really was keeping me up at night, how did you guess?

and its a good thing Grant has a whole other year before kindergarten because Mama Bear needs some more time to be at peace with it all.

and I totally have the EXACT SAME deep dark fear. exact same. go figure.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

How did you know I was laughing? That kind of freaked me out. Did you have to do camp or were you called after it was already over?

Congrats on the bathroom and the new kitties. I love kitties but we have sworn them off. If cats ate ants then I would totally reconsider. But I will have to settle for bug spray.

Fonzareli said...

Is it against some commandment to be utterly jealous of the young women in the good ol' fairview 1st ward? LUCKY DUCKY'S! Congrats on your calling. You are going to be over the top fabulous. Just remember the girls camp rules and you'll be set! No bunnies, etc etc etc and oh ya...congrats too on the almost completed bathroom!

farmgirl said...

Patty- nope, didn't have to do camp. We were put in the week after. Plenty of time to gear up for next year. :o)
Fonz- how could I ever forget our Girls Camp rules? We were awesome!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.