Monday, May 23, 2011

Okay, fine. I'll admit it....

After giving my talk yesterday
and listening to Mike give his talk yesterday
and knowing our days are really numbered
and fighting a headache all day
and REALLY, REALLY starting to empty the house
and packing up the last of the things that can be packed at this point
and looking at my bare walls and rooms beginning to empty---
I am ready to agree with Robyn and Anne.....

My House is Depressing.

The flood gates are getting weaker.
I keep telling people it's not time for me to be sad about leaving yet,
there's still too much to be happy about.
We still have time.
Well, with only a little over a week left I'm starting to feel it.

Please excuse me whilst I go have a good cry.
Probably the really ugly kind.

Okay, not really.
I still have to be a mom for a few
more hours.
I'll suck it up for a wee bit longer.
Cuz that's the kind of
responsible parent I am.
:o}

4 comments:

annebabe said...

told you so. lets follow the ugly cry with some chocolate because that's how we roll.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I know the saying that it is better to have loved and lost, but really I am not convinced at all about that. Much luck in the week ahead. And how confusing that you are mixed with happy and sad feelings at the same time. How very conflicted you must feel. I think a very good cry is definitely in order.

Karin Webb said...

This is starting to feel VERY real now, and I don't like it. Not one bit!

stace said...

I miss you already and I don't even live in Santa Clara anymore. It certainly won't be the same without the Schoenfelds.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.