Friday, September 3, 2010

da-boyz

When Grant was born I had a few people comment to me
that while it would be fun to have another boy,
they would be too far apart to really do anything together.

They were dead wrong.

Adam has the whole
"best brother" status in the bag.
(competition there is not too steep)
He made a $5 garage sale purchase for his little buddy that
may have moved him into "rock star" status.
Behold....
The Big Tractor
.
*back story*
I was gone when this new toy was acquired.
I had only seen it in action in the backyard,
in the backyard on the patio,
motored by Grant's own two little feet.

It can do more.
Much More.

This evening I looked out the office window to witness this...


Adam helping Grant load a big rock,
maneuver it across the yard,
and dump it.

Isn't that so sweet?

Ya, well--
After that was over they decided they needed to show
me what The Big Tractor is
really capable of.
This....
And this....

And this...



Ohhh, these crazy boys of mine...
I sure do love them.


P.S.
It's a darn good thing their
father wasn't around
or the adventure
would have been
taken to a whole new
level.

It kind of scares me a bit
to think about what that might
have been.

7 comments:

Mer said...

Hilarious. I can't believe someone would give that treasure up - for $5 no less! What a find!

Hot Mom said...

Adam has totally trumped anything I ever found at a garage sale. That is awesome. I loved the "don't try this at home" disclaimer.

Older brothers and sister rock.

annebabe said...

he's pretty much rock star round these parts to ALL small people, siblings or not. :) and total garage sale score!!! such the superb bargain shopper, you must be so proud!

Anonymous said...

Everybody needs a big brother like Adam, seriously.... He seems like such a good kid and definitely a good big brother! And that Grant kind of melts me. I miss our nursery days together...

jen said...

Grant is a lucky little guy! Adam seems like the perfect older brother. I love that last picture. Sooo cute.

whirligigdaisy said...

How lucky that those two boys love each other. This looked like so much fun.

andrea said...

I am so impressed with your pictures! These are incredibly cute. Good job mom!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.